We provide the following services:-
+ Analysis the registrability of a mark, to see whether the mark is unique and distinctiveness.
+ Obtain a full trademark search, to see whether there is any conflicting/similar mark has been registered or being applied.
+ Provide an overall registration strategy, to increase the success rate of registration, and the scope of protection.
+ Provide trademark drafting and design services
+ Provide classification services for goods and services that you wish to cover.
Costs [Smooth Registration]
Per Mark (Multi-class application)
First Class US$520
Each Subsequent Class US$325
[Inclusive of official filing fee and our services fee]
Calculation of Registration Costs
Example 1: one mark in two classes = US$520 + US$325 = US$845
Example 2: one mark in three classes = US$520 + US$325 + US$325 = US$1,170
Example 3: two mark in one class = US$520 + US$520 = US$1,040
1. Applicant’s name and address
2. Applicant’s identity document: i.e. copy of Certificate of Incorporation (corporation); or copy of Passport (individual)
3. Specimen of the mark (above 300dpi)
4. Detail list for goods and/or services to be apply (We then provide classification services.)
Smooth case: Around 6~8 months
Publication period: 3 months
10 Years from the date of application, and extendable for further 10 years before each expiration. The renewal date is from 6 months before the expiry date to 6 months after the expiry date. However, if renewal is filed after the expiry date, late renewal surcharge will be incurred.
- Keep using the trademark continuously, and evidence of the use must be kept, for the use of defense if someone raise a revocation against yours.
- After modification the style of your mark, seek for our advices on whether re-registration is needed.
- Periodically review the need on registration for additional classes and/or countries.
- Consideration on whether a “Worldwide Trademark Monitoring Service” is needed, which let you know if there is someone (including your business partners, employees and competitors, etc.) is applying your mark or a similar mark in other countries.
- Consideration on whether to record your intellectual property rights in the Customs, so that the Customs could block and intercept the infringement and even sue the infringers.